Characters: Personality
Characters are easy for me, though I create them in a different way that most typically do.
I first think of the personality. What kind of person is the character? Are they gentle, are they mean? If they saw a kitten what would they do with it?
I find it easier to think of the character's personality before I even think of backstory or even what the character looks like. Names defiantly come last.
Personality is a BIG component of a character. It's literary who they are.
First, think about an emotion. Any emotion! Even put some on paper and pull one from a hat!
Now look at that emotion and think: What would be on the person's face? A smile? A frown? How is the emotion made?
Next, where did this emotion come from? What happened? Why did it happen?
Soon more questions will start coming automatically!
And you have a personality!
It always starts with an emotion.
Comments
Post a Comment