Painful Moments

 I had just recently finished a painful part of a manuscript and I needed to take a break for a long moment. Some authors, like myself, do not just see words on a page, we see the story happening in our minds as we write. We feel the emotions our characters go through. 

I had to write a painful moment in a character's life and it was devastating for me. If you are an emotional writer like me, it is scary to think that you would experience the same pain as your characters.Yet, that is what makes the story seem so real. If it feels real to you, it will feel real to the audience and that is what makes a good story. 

Don't be afraid to experience your characters' pain as you write it. It's part of the process for an emotional writer. It gives you a deep connection to the story and that makes it all that more special. 

Comments

Popular Posts